What is Renaissance?
- Session management for maintaining state across multiple page requests.
- Internationalisation capability, such as locale-specific languages, date/time formats and on-line help.
- Role-based user security, with the ability to group related functions together into roles, and to assign one or more roles to each user.
- Authoritycontrol, controlling the level of access to functionality within each program.
- In-built ability to define security at individual field level where required.
- Built-in record locking.
- Built-in auditing of database updates.
- The ability to define your own data tables, allowing the end users to maintain data through functionally rich web pages without the necessity of writing code.
- Support for all modern GUI features, such as tabbed dialogs, drag-and-drop, accordion panes and hierarchical drop-downs.
- CSS-based themes.
Applications built using the Renaissance Framework run on the IBM i HTTP server (powered by Apache), which uses CGIDEV2 service procedures to deliver web pages to the browser. Ajax technology can be employed to provide end users with smooth page transition and seamless server/browser interaction.
Renaissance is developed by CoralTree Systems Ltd, and is freely available under the Open Source MPL Licence Version 1.1. To download it for free go to http://www.coraltreesystems.com. Technical Support for the Framework is available via a free-of-charge forum and through our on-line Wiki, with optional SLA-based commercial support packages available from CoralTree on request. For a cut down demo visit http://rns.coraltree.co.uk and log on with a user ID and password of demo.